Paso Robles Real Estate (The Lake Communities)
Heritage Ranch, Oak Shores & Running Deer Ranch
|Paso Robles Real Estate also offers some great communities out by the Lakes. We have two great recreational lakes in San Luis Obispo County and Monterey County. Lake Nacimiento and Lake San Antonio. Both of these lakes are warm water lakes. In the summer the temperature is like bath|
|water. We frequent the lakes often. My kids will spend the entire summer day in the water at the lake.|
Lake Nacimiento was formed by the damming of the Nacimiento River. When full it has 165 miles of shoreline and is 17.3 miles long. The Narrows, over 6 miles long when the lake is full, is a popular Sunday afternoon area for those who enjoy the lake. Fishing is popular year round and includes large mouth and small mouth bass, crappie, catfish, bluegill and white bass. White bass are not found in any other California lake. Water skiing and jet skiing are particularly popular on Lake Nacimiento because of the many protected coves and general lack of high winds. Sailing and kayaking can also be enjoyed.
Paso Robles Real Estate by Lake Nacimiento is generally priced the same as Paso Robles but it can be a 20-25 minute commute into town. There is a new development next to Lake Nacimiento that offers semi custom built homes on 1 acre parcels and there is also a new Elementary School. It is kind of its own little private community.
Heritage Ranch (Paso Robles Real Estate)
Heritage Ranch is located on Lake Nacimiento, northwest of Paso Robles, in northern San Luis Obispo County. Heritage Ranch is a planned and gated community of approximately 9,250 total acres with 13 subdivisions of various types and totaling more than 1,700 residential units. Two of these areas are Tract 1990 Lakeside with 86 lots in Phase 1 and Tract 1910, River View Estates, has 150 lots. The master plan provides for up to 2,900 parcels and one new sub-division with 225 dwellings in development. In addition to homes, there is a senior center, fire station, deli, general store, and RV storage.
The Heritage Ranch Owner's Association was incorporated on January 28, 1972 to manage and maintain the areas owned in common including the gateways, public easements, campgrounds, marina, equestrian center and trails, community center, swimming pools, tennis courts, parkways, grass plots, parking areas, buildings, and other facilities dedicated to community use. Quarterly dues are collected from the Owners to pay operating costs and to fund the reserve account for large maintenance and restoration expenditures. The community has a water recreation focus with more than 1000 water craft owned by residents. Equestrian activities add to the mix, as does an active senior's organization. Heritage Ranch is undergoing the same paradigm shift that similar communities are experiencing, with an increasing percentage of younger families. This change in demographics, along with a growth in permanent residents, will continue to increase the impact on facilities and services.
- Floating Docks - For primary members, co-members and tenants who lease them from the Association. If an unauthorized person utilizes a floating dock, a citation may be issued and/or their watercraft may be towed.
- Private Docks - For owners who have continuously registered them with the Association since 1999 as specified in the Association's Private Dock Policy. No new private docks are allowed and no owner may transfer their rights to another owner. Private docks are required to be removed when the owner moves from Heritage Ranch. Each owner of a private dock is required to register annually with both the Association Office and Monterey County, pay the annual fees and provide proof of current liability insurance in order to receive their annual private dock permit. If an owner or guest would like to temporarily leave their watercraft in the water, they may anchor it near or on the shoreline.
- Swimming Pools - A pool attendant is on duty while the swimming pool(s) are open. Opening and closing seasons are determined by weather conditions.
- Tennis Courts - Open daily from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Tennis shoes must be worn on the tennis courts at all times.
- Parks and Play Areas – Use of the parks and play areas is on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Equestrian Center for Rent - Space in the Equestrian Center is on a first-come, first-serve basis and is available for primary members, co-members and tenants. Registration of your horse is required through the Association Office. Each owner of a horse kept in the Equestrian Center is required to provide their own stall and tack shed, and must maintain a certificate of insurance for personal liability, provide a security deposit and pay a monthly fee to the Association. A copy of the complete Equestrian Center Rules and Regulations is available at the Association Office. When there is a waiting list you must fill out an application form to be placed on the waiting list. When a space becomes available, the next person in line is contacted (in person or by message) and given 48 hours to respond or their name is removed from the waiting list.
- Pavilion - A primary member, co-member or tenant may request to reserve the Pavilion for private non-commercial use.
- Recreation Barn - A primary member, co-member or tenant may request to reserve the Recreation Barn for private, non-commercial use.
- Small Pool - A primary member, co-member or tenant may reserve the Small Pool after hours of operation on Equestrian Road for private non-commercial use.
Oak Shores Estates (Paso Robles Real Estate)
- This is a one of a kind, fully entitled, lake front project located on Lake Nacimiento in the beautiful and supply-constrained Central California Coast. Lake Nacimiento is a terrific recreational lake with hot, sunny summer temperatures. Nearby Paso Robles has a charming historic downtown with over 60 wineries in the surrounding area. In beautiful oak covered foothills east of Hearst Castle, Oak Shores Estates is accessed through the gated community of Oak Shores, which is approximately twenty-five miles from Paso Robles.
- Tentative map is approved for the 345 buildable lots.
- The total project is 400 acres with over 300 acres of open space. A majority of the lots back up to this open space.
- 140-slip marina, launch ramp, proposed future pool and recreation center.
- Phase I has the capacity for 16 private slips in the marina.
- The contiguous community of Oak Shores consists of 851 lots of which 660 have homes built or under construction. The project was developed in the 1970's.
- A new HOA will need to be formed for management and maintenance of this private community. There is hope that both Oak Shores and Oak Shores Estates will become one joint HOA. Current OSCA owners will need to approve of this by vote.
- Primary access is through the adjacent gated community of Oak Shores. An agreement has been negotiated with the Oak Shores Community Association regarding sharing maintenance expenses for roads and the gate. Emergency access has been obtained in the form of a fire road exiting on the east side of the development through to Bee Rock Road
Running Deer Ranch (Paso Robles Real Estate)
Located on the South Shore of Lake Nacimiento is a gated private community of about 2,000 acres divided into 128 parcels. Access is from Chimney Rock Road through a locked gate about 21 miles west of Paso Robles. The electric gate can only be opened by owners with a code that changes periodically.
The history of this community dates back to 1977 when the owner of the parcel near the Running Deer launch ramp granted easement to the corporation formed for this reason. The current San Luis Obispo County Running Deer Ranch Company, Inc. is a non-profit corporation and exists to preserve the recreational easement of "The Point" property. It also maintains the roads from Aluffo Road to the boat ramp. Running Deer Ranch along with other South Shores communities comprise the South Nacimiento Road Association which maintains Running Deer Road from the main gate to the Gage Irving and Gage Irving Road past Towne Creek along Allen Road. The corporation's Board of Directors is elected annually during the Memorial Day weekend membership meeting. Membership dues, which include a road maintenance fee, are paid annually and periodic newsletters go out to members. While using the lake members are allowed to tie up and maintain boats and docking facilities and temporarily park vehicles and boat trailers at "The Point".
If you are looking to escape the Central Coast city life of Paso Robles Real Estate or San Luis Obispo Real Estate then perhaps a lake view, lake front, or lake area home is for you.
|Interesting Area Articles|
“Boat Camping Hotspots”
|Need More Information?|